Our unique, award-winning approach to our outpatient treatment program blends compassionate care with research-based methods to treat both substance abuse and underlying emotional or mental health disorders, which can often be the catalyst for addictive behaviors. We focus on healing the whole person: mind, body, and spirit. Our comprehensive care methods set clients up for long-term success in recovery.
Located in the beautiful San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California, Michael’s House outpatient addiction treatment center provides a unique refuge of healing for individuals seeking recovery in a modern, non-residential setting. Michael’s House outpatient rehab center follows a continuum model that supports patients in their transition from residential treatment to everyday life through ongoing support and education.
To learn more about our outpatient treatment program, call 760.548.4032 today.
Outpatient Treatment Program at Michael's House
We currently offer a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (IOP) at our outpatient rehab center. In both programs, our multidisciplinary team provides support, structure, and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every patient receives an individually-tailored program to meet their unique needs through group and individual therapy as well as life skills classes integrated with 12-Step principles.
Our PHP level offers six hours of treatment each day, Monday thru Friday, and includes weekly individual therapy, daily group therapy, recovery education, holistic activities, and aftercare planning.
Our IOP is three hours of treatment each day, Monday thru Friday, focusing on group therapy, recovery education, and aftercare planning.
Patients of both programs begin with three hours of education per day, focusing on developing a schedule for a life of sobriety, increasing their recovery skill sets, continuing in group therapy, and gaining valuable relapse prevention awareness.
Medical evaluations with a staff medical doctor or nurse practitioner are available to adjust medications or deal with any issues that arise for PHP patients on a weekly basis and for IOP patients every 30 days or as needed.
What to Expect in Our Outpatient Treatment Program
The program provides a morning check-in and meditation group, which includes goal-setting for the day, psych-education, and process group learning, based on a variety of rotating topics, facilitated by a master’s-level licensed therapist.
Our process group offerings can vary depending on the patient population but often include the following:
- Relapse prevention
- Healthy relationships
- Family and recovery
- Men’s group, women’s group, and LGBTQ+ group
- Ages 35+ and young adult groups
- Coping skills for anxiety and depression
- Weekend process
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
In addition to the daily group therapy sessions, each patient is offered one individual session per week during this critical transitional period. The patient’s individual therapist is responsible for clinical assessment, treatment, and discharge planning.
Families are regularly updated and involved in discharge planning throughout the patient’s participation in outpatient services. Family sessions are arranged by the patient and therapist and can take place in person or over the phone. Referents are contacted upon admission and thereafter, as requested.
Alumni are encouraged to participate, at no cost, in our weekly evening process group. They are also invited to attend monthly gatherings at the outpatient addiction treatment center.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) as Part of the Outpatient Treatment Program
Medication-assisted treatment is an integrated and vital part of our outpatient treatment program. It helps to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, allowing patients to focus on the core work of recovery. Our outpatient treatment program is designed to provide patients with a supportive environment to establish a stable foundation for their recovery.
- Suboxone maintenance
- Vivitrol injections
- Step-down approach that eases individuals back into everyday life
- Specialized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health assessment
- Full-panel drug screening upon admission and random drug tests
- Physician-directed medication management
- Motivational interviewing using a stages-of-change approach
- One-on-one sessions with a board-certified psychiatrist specializing in co-occurring disorders (for PHP patients)
- Primary therapy with a licensed mental health professional
- Psychoeducation with a focus on both lectures and interactive sessions
- Specialty groups, including those that focus on young adults, women’s issues, men’s issues, life skills training,
- DBT, stress management, and relapse prevention
- Orientation and assessment process
Michael’s House also offers transitional living housing for clients interested in a sober living environment.
Features and Amenities of Michael's House Outpatient Rehab Center
- Comprehensive care in a compassionate setting
- Holistic services, including yoga, tai chi, chi gong, and art therapy
- Educational and career support services
- Medication management services
- Support for long-term success in recovery
- Beautiful and restorative environment
The Focus of Our Outpatient Addiction Treatment Program
We maintain our commitment to our patients by remaining focused on the goal of recovery. We are invested in the following:
- Helping you maintain recovery from drugs and alcohol
- Treatment and recovery education
- Strength-based life skills development
- Healthy social and physical activities
- Access to 12-Step and other community resources
- Case management
- Medication management
- Aftercare planning for long-term sobriety
Choose Michael’s House for Better Recovery Results
When enrolled in Michael’s House outpatient treatment program, you can enjoy freedom from the disruption and stress of day-to-day life demands with the additional support and expert guidance of our professional staff through every step of recovery.
Michael’s House outpatient rehab center is part of Foundations Recovery Network and provides an award-winning model of treatment, which has been extensively tested and proven through multiple federally-funded research studies. We combine evidence-based addiction treatment with innovative emotional and mental health therapies to address co-occurring disorders effectively.
Results demonstrate double the national average success rate for maintaining sobriety one-year post-treatment compared to traditional programs. We are in-network with most insurance providers, and our self-pay arrangements are very affordable. Call 760.548.4032 now to get started, or contact us online.