Addiction is a severe problem in the city of San Bernardino and the rest of the United States. If you are in San Bernardino and struggling with addiction, you are not alone. There is help available, and residential treatment is one option that can provide you with the support and care you need to recover.
Michael’s House offers residential treatment for San Bernardino residents and other Californians. Call 760.548.4032 to ask an admissions coordinator at Michael’s House about the San Bernardino residential addiction treatment program and similar programs in other areas we serve in California.
Why San Bernardino Needs Accessible Addiction Treatment
The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports San Bernardino has struggled with high drug abuse and addiction rates for many years. The California Department of Health Care Services estimates more than 4,000 admissions to San Bernardino County drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs in 2017. This number reflects a growing need for accessible addiction treatment in the city and county.
San Bernardino County also consistently ranks among the top counties in California for drug-related deaths. In 2017, there were nearly 500 drug-related deaths in the county. This number has been rising recently, underscoring the need for accessible addiction treatment in San Bernardino.
Many residents of San Bernardino struggling with addiction do not have the resources or support they need to get treatment. This is where Michael’s House can help. Admissions coordinators at Michael’s House are available 24/7 to answer your questions about rehab programs and help you find the proper treatment for your needs.
What You Should Know About Residential Treatment for Addiction
Residential treatment is a type of rehabilitation that provides 24-hour care in a setting that removes distractions and triggers from the everyday life of patients. This allows patients to focus on recovery without worrying about work, school, or home life. Residential addiction treatment often includes:
- Detox – The first step in treatment is often detoxification, which helps patients rid their bodies of harmful substances.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Some patients may require medication to help with withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Medications approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for addiction treatment include buprenorphine, naltrexone, and methadone.
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and other types of therapy can help patients understand and change their thoughts and behaviors surrounding addiction.
- Group support – Group support is essential to residential treatment, as it allows patients to connect with others going through similar experiences.
- Family counseling – Family therapy can help patients repair relationships and build a support system for recovery.
- Aftercare – Once patients have completed residential treatment, they often participate in aftercare programs to help them transition back into society and avoid relapse.
Michael’s House offers residential treatment for San Bernardino and other locations in California.
The staff at Michael’s House is dedicated to helping patients recover from addiction and rebuild their lives. If you have tried other addiction treatment methods, such as outpatient care or 12-step programs, and have not been successful, residential treatment may be a good option for you. Residential treatment is also recommended if you are struggling with a severe addiction.
Find Residential Treatment for San Bernardino at Michael's House
San Bernardino has a severe addiction problem, but help is available. Residential treatment is one option that can provide you or your loved one in San Bernardino with the support and care needed to recover from addiction.
Michael’s House is a residential treatment center offering various services to help patients recover from addiction, including individual and group therapy, medical detoxification, and medication-assisted treatment. The staff at Michael’s House also offers aftercare planning to help patients transition back into everyday life after treatment. To learn more about residential rehab for San Bernardino, contact Michael’s House at 760.548.4032 to speak with an admissions coordinator today.