The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates that 20.6 million people in the United States struggle with addiction. Of those 20.6 million, only 2.3 million receive addiction treatment. That leaves 18.3 million people without the help they need to overcome their substance use disorders (SUDs). There are many reasons people don’t seek addiction treatment, but one of the most common is a lack of accessible treatment options.
In Coachella, California, there is a great need for accessible addiction treatment. This is because addiction rates in Coachella are rising, and few resources are available to those struggling with addiction. Michael’s House is a rehab facility that provides residential treatment for Coachella. Call 760.548.4032 to learn more about Coachella residential addiction treatment options and programs Michael’s House offers to other areas we serve.
Why Coachella Needs Accessible Addiction Treatment
Coachella is a city in Riverside County, California. The city has a population of just over 45,000 people. However, the Coachella Valley region, which includes the cities of Indio, Palm Desert, and La Quinta, has a population of close to 600,000 people. The Coachella Valley is a popular tourist destination for its music festivals, golf courses, and resorts.
However, the Coachella Valley also has a dark side. The region has high rates of poverty, crime, and addiction. In Coachella, the poverty rate is 28.4%. The crime rate is also increased, with 1,946 crimes per 100,000 people. This is nearly double the national average of 1,004 crimes per 100,000 people. The addiction rate in Coachella is also high. The city has an overdose death rate of 19.5 per 100,000 people. This is nearly three times the national average of seven per 100,000 people.
In particular, the city has an increased rate of methamphetamine use. In Coachella, 12% of residents reported using methamphetamine in the past year. This is nearly double the national average of 6.5%. With such high poverty, crime, and addiction rates, it’s no surprise that Coachella needs accessible addiction treatment. This is the reason Michael’s House offers residential rehab for Coachella residents.
What You Should Know About Residential Treatment for Addiction
Residential addiction treatment is a type of rehab that involves living at a facility while receiving treatment. This differs from outpatient treatment, which allows people to live at home while attending treatment sessions during the day. Residential rehab often includes:
- Detox – This is the first step in addiction treatment. It involves clearing the drugs and alcohol from your body. Detox can be uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous. That’s why it’s important to detox under medical supervision.
- Medication-assisted treatment – This is the use of medication to help manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Individual therapy – Patients meet one-on-one with a therapist to discuss addiction and recovery goals.
- Group therapy – Patients participate in group therapy sessions with other people struggling with addiction. This is a great way to build support and learn from others.
- Family therapy – This is therapy for patients and their families. Addiction affects the whole family, so it’s essential to address these issues in treatment.
- Aftercare planning – This is creating a plan for what you will do after you leave treatment. This plan includes continuing therapy, attending 12-step meetings, and more.
Many factors go into deciding whether residential treatment is the right choice for someone struggling with addiction. Some of these factors include the severity of the addiction, the length of time someone has been using, whether they have tried outpatient treatment before, and whether they have a stable living situation.
Residential Treatment for Coachella at Michael's House
Michael’s House is a residential treatment center that offers various services to help people struggling with addiction, including detoxification, individual therapy, group therapy, and 12-step meetings. The facility also has an on-site gym and chef-prepared meals to help patients get healthy and stay healthy during their time in treatment.
If you or someone you know is in Coachella and struggling with addiction, reach out to Michael’s House today. Call 760.548.4032 and ask about Coachella residential addiction treatment options available to you.